The Maleny Black Angus Difference
Maleny grass-fed meat is the one that can’t be beat
10 Reasons why Maleny Black Angus Beef is Unique
Grass fed beef has been shown to be better for you and tastier to eat. But not all grass-fed beef is the same. Some of the best beef in the world, and certainly the best in Australia, is raised and prepared right here in Maleny!
First, there are 6 reasons why grass-fed beef is better than grain-fed beef…
- Grass-fed beef has no antibiotics or growth hormones, so it’s safer for you and your family to eat
This is because it doesn’t have the chemicals in it that help the cows eat what they were never meant to eat… grain! Grain aids faster growth, but cattle have difficulty digesting it and can even get tumours. To help the cattle digest it, and compensate for the lost goodness of natural feed, they’re given chemicals with doses of antibiotics.
- Grass-fed beef has less fat in it, so it’s healthier to eat
This is because most grass-fed beef has less saturated and mono-unsaturated fats than grain-fed beef. The beef you buy in the supermarkets is grain-fed beef.
- Grass-fed beef has less cholesterol, making it better for your heart
This is because it contains more of the right kinds of fatty acids, and less of the wrong ones.
- Grass-fed beef has good CLA acids and fats
This means it can help prevent cancer. The Omega-3 fatty acids and the Conjugated Linoleic Acid are great for us and even just 80 days of grain-feeding is enough to undo all that Omega-3 goodness.
- Grass-fed beef doesn’t shrink as much, so it keeps its shape better and delivers a bigger steak
This is because there’s less fat and water in the meat. The rumps and other cuts you buy from the supermarket might look thick and juicy, but as grain-fed beef, they shrink. Our beef holds its shape better, giving you a bigger steak!
- Grass-fed beef is quicker to cook, so it takes less time and energy and stays more tender
Again, this is because there’s less fat and so it browns faster and even cooks at lower temperatures. It’s incredibly easy to cook our beef.
And there are 4 reasons why Maleny Black Angus Beef is the best grass-fed beef you can buy…
- Maleny Black Angus Beef is raised on better grass, so it’s healthier for our cattle and for you
This is because Kikuyu grass and clover are prevalent in this area because of our altitude and rainfall. Kikuyu is a better feed for our cattle than many other grasses in other areas of Australia. And clover puts nitrogen back into the soil.
- Maleny Black Angus Beef is supplemented with natural minerals and molasses, so the cattle are healthier and the beef is tastier
These supplements help our cattle maintain a balanced diet.
- Maleny Black Angus Beef has more protein and vitamins, so the meat is healthier, yet
It has vitamins A, C and E which are natural anti-oxidants.
- Maleny Black Angus Beef is only ever genuine Black Angus
This means our beef has healthier fats and a better taste.